a little tour of the new digs....

After I updated this morning the doctor did decide to monitor me a little heavier than they had anticipated today because of the heartrate decelerations last night. There was one more in the morning, but the rest of the day has looked great. I am hooked to the monitor right now, and if they decide it looks okay then I just may be able to go tonight without monitoring! I am just dying to find out - a good night's sleep sounds so heavenly right now.

On one of my monitoring breaks today I took some time to take some pictures of my surroundings. This room is almost identicle to the room I had with Charlie. I am loving the wall paper border and eighties curtains. :)


The beautiful flowers that I have received. The colorful ones on the left are from my great friends Heidi and Holly. The bright orange color you see are fall leaves mixed in with the flowers. Very cute. The azalea plant is from Rodger and Anita. Thank-you guys - they are brightening up the room today since it has been a very dreary day, it even snowed this afternoon, crazy!
The soap. Boy does this stuff bring back memories. Anytime I have smelled this over the past three years I am immediately taken back to our days in the NICU with Charlie. This is some strong stuff that starts to just eat up your skin once you use it enough. Looks like I may need to get out my Mary Kay Satin Hands lotion set again.
My home away from home. Eric's home away from home.
Ahh, the monitors. I have a love/ hate relationship with these things. But they help us keep tabs on the little guys, so the hassle is worth it allMy bracelets. The middle one is for the baby...seems a little ridiculous to me. I would show you my other hand, the one with the IV, but it is pretty gross looking.
The entrance from my point of view. Love seeing visitors walk through that door :)

The nurse just talked to my dr. and she is going to require that I have the monitor on for 2 hours and then I get a 3 hour break off of it throughout the evening. That is way better that what I had to go though last night...so I am very happy for some relief! Sleep, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Hello room 1601!

    Looks a little on the sterile side. LOL. Glad you got the flowers though, they look pretty much like what I ordered. Hee hee. I can't believe it was snowing!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete