good news!...

Just got back from the ultrasound and it looks like we are going to be getting another day! Most of the dopplers looked good and some even looked better so the doctor said there is no need to deliver today. The routine will continue as it has, we will keep doing the morning ultrasounds and hoping that we don't see any decreases. Dr. B. said "Well even though you aren't too thrilled, it looks like the little guy likes it here". She has that right! I am struggling - last night was horrendous! Even with taking the Ambien I got very little sleep since the baby would not stay on the monitor and the nurses made me stay on my back all night. Then they came in every five seconds to adjust the monitor. I would hate to see how bad it would have been if I had not had even a little help from the sleeping aid! The babies heart rate did show a few concerns last night, but they are pretty sure it was from the overall situation - the Ambien, that I had to be on my back all night, and that I was not allowed to eat to be prepared for surgery just in case. Today they are hoping to give me short breaks from the monitor so that I can keep my sanity for another day! :) I hope I don't sound too whiny. Of course I know that it is worth all the torture to give this little guy more time to grow and less days in the NICU. Just trying to get down all the details this time around I guess.

Anyway, as you can see, your prayers are working! I can't say thanks enough.

4 comments:

  1. Wow good news for the day. Take it day to day that is all you can do!! Please do not feel like you are whiny, you are human and your few complaints of what you are going through is la-git!! Your spirit and your faith in the path ahead of you is very humbling. I appreciate these posts and your honesty!! I am thinking about and praying for you!! Did you know I LOVE AMBIEN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how happy this news makes me! I am rejoicing with you and will try to include in my prayers ones of rest and sleep for you and the baby. I will try to call you later today if you have the time. I go to Halle's class today to make a scarecrow with her. It should be fun! I told some other moms at Halle's school to begin pray for the Smith family. Isn't prayer powerful??!! Love you all. Talk to you soon!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. So HAAAPPPY to hear the good news! I am glad to hear that he is feeling so "at home" there! I will pray that they give you a little break from all of those monitors...there is nothing like feeling absolutely exhausted and then someone taking your blood pressure through out the night every 2 hours! I will pray that you get some more rest today. You deserve it! Have faith and take heart my dear friend, God is going to pull you (and that little guy) through this!

    Love you so much!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our homeschooling mom's coop prayed for you this morning and we will continue to do so! Isn't God good? We will add the sleeping issue (or lack of!) to our prayers too. Hang in there. God knows and is in control!

    ReplyDelete