weekend wrap-up....

We didn't have the best weather this weekend, so a lot of the things we planned to do with Rodger and Anita didn't pan out. A few things we did do:

- Got a cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes for Rodger's birthday. Of course we just had to. He agreed it was the best cake he had ever had. Smart man.

- Tried to go to the Mayan restaurant. It is one of those dinner with a show type places where they do cliffdiving around you as you eat mexican food. Charlie has been dying to go since he found out he was not the one that would be doing the cliffdiving. Every time we drive by there he says "It is the employees that do the cliffdiving there, not me. I could not do that. Nooooo way." We got there at 5:00 and there was already a 45 minute wait. Nobody was up for that, especially Cannon. The waiting area was dark and Charlie was completely freaked out. He was shaking and insisted that I keep my arm around him so he would be safe. Even though we had to park 326 miles away and walked all the way to the restaurant in the falling snow, we decided it was best to go somewhere else.

See? They loved it.

- Rodger and Anita experienced their first visit to IKEA. We got there early enough for Charlie to get into SmaLand. He made a mask out of a paper plate. Of course they loved the place. Who doesn't? I saw some red with white polka dot dining chair pads that I think I might need to go back and get. hmmm.....

- Eric, Rodger and Charlie took a tour around downtown (I stayed home for Cannon to nap) and ate lunch at the Red Iguana, one of the restaurants featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. It is Eric's mission to visit all the restaurants that show has visited in SLC. I am not too bummed about missing this. Not a huge fan of authentic mexican food. Taco Bell is where it's at.

- Dealt with Daylight Savings Time. I am still not sure what I think about the springing forward. I do appreciate the extra daylight in the evenings. And it might work out to get Cannon to bed a little later so he can sleep in a little later. I am crossing my fingers on this one.

- Cannon slowly warmed up to Rodger and Anita. By slowly I mean that by the end of tonight he would get within a foot of them and they could touch him briefly without a freak out. Too bad they are leaving in the morning, they may have actually gotten to hold him by the end of the week.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment