doctor's visit and a recipe....

Cannon woke up with a fever for the 3rd day in a row. I had thought it was just from teething, but decided to call the doctor anyway. They asked me to come in just in case it was an ear infection. His ears were fine, but his throat was red and covered in sores. He tested negative for strep. The doctor thinks it may be roseola since he has been seeing it a lot recently. If you think about it, please keep him in your prayers that he doesn't break out in a rash. Thank-you so much!

Charlie took this one. I like it! Kinda artsy.
On another note, if you know me at all you know I am not a good cook. I have been trying to cook more often though. I am usually on the lookout for recipes that are easy and don't take 183 ingredients. I can't remember where I found this recipe (somewhere online), but everybody in the Smith household gives it 2 thumbs up. It is delicious. I have it in the crockpot right now and it smells GOOD so that is why I am inclined to share.

Brown Sugar Chicken

12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 6 boneless, skinless breast halves (I usually use 1.5 lbs chicken breasts since that is plenty for our family)

1 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup lemon-lime soda

2/3 cup vinegar

3 cloves smashed and chopped garlic

2 T soy sauce

1 tsp ground black pepper

Directions:
Use a 4-quart crockpot for this recipe.

Place the chicken into the crockpot. Cover with brown sugar, pepper, chopped garlic and soy sauce. Add the vinegar and pour in the soda. It will bubble.

Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours or high for 4-5.

Serve over white rice and a ladle full of the broth.

** I have no idea what size my crockpot is but I have the smaller round one and it works just fine. I also have used frozen chicken breasts and it still turned out great.

Let me know if you decide to try it!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh this recipe sounds good. However I have NEVER bought a garlic clove in my entire life. I must be an even worse cook than you! :) I'll have to try it though!

    Tell Cannon that Heidi is praying for him! HUGS!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw :(
    poor little guy.
    get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete