some sewing projects.....

I really don't know much about sewing. I can sew a straight line, but patterns and sewing jargon scare me to death. So all I can say is thank goodness for online tutorials!

I am finally getting around to adding some special touches to Charlie's room. First, I made this bunting to hang on his window.
Since I loved that polka dot fabric so much, I decided to make an upholstered headboard with it. This one didn't include any sewing. Just lots of stapling.

I completed these pillow covers today. I have been looking for some new decorative pillows, but haven't found anything that I loved. I liked this fabric at JoAnn's and decided to make them myself. So easy, I made 2 of them in an hour. They have an envelope closure on the back so they come off easy to wash them. Definitely a must with the boys in this house.
A few projects I never thought I would be able to do! Feels good to do them myself. The next project on the list is a slipcover for the footstool we got from IKEA. It has a plain canvas cover now and I think it could be much cuter. Now I just need to find some fabric that I like. Good thing there are like a hundred fabric stores here in Utah. I can see this new little hobby could become very addicting!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You are such an over-achiever! Just kidding...I love it all...those sweet touches add so much cham! And I think you are much better at sewing than you give yourself credit for! Holly was just drooling the other day about my quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete