baby steps...

I think it is all starting to click with Mr. Cannon. About a week or so ago he started standing by himself. He would just let go of the furniture or whatever he was holding on to and stand there. Usually he would clap a few times and then fall down. Then on Tuesday (the 2nd) he took one baby step! Then he did it again on Wednesday. Just one step and then he falls to his knees, but he is trying...Yay! We have been doing tons of practicing around the house. He has great balance when you just hold one hand and walk with him. He just needs to get over the fear and then he will take off. He has always been pretty sensitive in this area. Anytime he loses his balance just a little bit while cruising the furniture, he will cry even if he doesn't fall. I would never have thought it was going to take him this long to walk. Afterall, he has been pulling up and walking around furniture for over 6 months now! Oh well, it is all in his timing and that is just fine with me. I look back at when Charlie was at this stage and all the stress and worry I had about it and now that he is five it really doesn't even matter. It is definitely a little easier the second time around.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ok I am trying to respond to your post about Charlie and school...don't know why my computer can't find it now. LOL Anyways, I know at Nathan's school there was a Kindergarten girl that was advanced. She still went to K but she went to the 1rst grade class for like an hour a day for reading since she was advanced. You might find out if they would be willing to do that. That way he is still hanging out with kids his age but getting the advanced stuff to not be bored...just an idea to check into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute lil' guy! I'm sure it will be NO time at all and he'll be running around everywhere! I always loved it when they walked...that meant I didn't have to carry them everywhere!! LOL!

    Hugs!
    H

    ReplyDelete