a HUGE thank-you....

I haven't meant to be MIA this week, but I guess it has just been a busy one. First, I want to talk about the March for Babies last Saturday. THANK-YOU from the bottom of my heart to all our friends, family and co-workers for your support. Eric set a goal of $1500 and for a while I was doubtful that we were even going to get close (I know, not very reassuring of me, was it!). By Saturday we had so many wonderful, generous people donate that we were able to get to $1415.00! As I watched all the pledges pour in on Thursday and Friday, my heart was overflowing with gratitude. Thank-you, we love you all so much.


As for the walk, well, let's just say that we are OUT-OF-SHAPE! Neither of us had a clue exactly how long it was until we got there and found out it was almost 7 miles! I was thinking that was farther than I had walked in a long time, but we were just walking, so how hard could it be? Needless to say, we were both pretty sore by the end and I was absolutely exhausted when I had to go into work that night and work until midnight. We were happy to do it. We may just need to do a little training prior to next year's event :)


Charlie got to chill in the wagon all morning. Didn't have a clue why mom and dad were so tired...


Ahhhh...the finish line - a glorious sight!



And the three of us celebrating our victory! St. Als had a booth set up so we got to see some of Charlie's NICU nurses. They were so happy to see him and couldn't believe how big he has gotten. The family that had a little boy in the isolette next to us (that had a pretty similar situation to Charlie, but was bigger) was there and she is pregnant as well. We both agreed that we would not be seeing each other again this time in the NICU. :)

In other news, the May kit for Freehand Scraps is up on the website. I really like the pages I made for the gallery this month. Here is a little peek, you can check out the rest at http://www.freehandscraps.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment