look who has a big boy bed....

Believe it or not, Charlie was still sleeping in his crib up until yesterday. He loved his crib and never tried to climb out of it, so we figured, why change it? In his crib, he loved to sleep on his belly all crammed up in the corner with his face pushing against the bars. He always had marks across his forehead when he woke up. I think he likes to sleep all squished up because of his time in the NICU. Anyway, with the new baby on the way and now that he is potty trained we knew that it was time to make the switch. We skipped the toddler bed and got him a twin sized bed. We have been talking about it a lot with him so he knew it was coming. We said good-bye to his crib and got the new bed all set-up. He went through his nighttime routine and was not phased by the change at all. I went to check-up on him around 11:00pm and he was laying on his back with the blankets laying all nicely across his chest - such a funny sight since I am used to seeing him on his belly all crammed up in the corner. He did start crying about 3:00am and when Eric went up to check on him he was out of his bed and saying "I want back in my bed, help me please!" Eric had moved the stepstool away from the bed in case he rolled off and he could not get back up on the bed. I think soon we will have a stepstool in every room -ugh. In the morning, he did the same thing he always does, he just laid in bed and sang songs and waited for us to come get him. I wonder if he knows that he can get out on his own?



He loves to play it up for the camera with dad's encouragement - here he is pretending to snore.


Thank-you for all the sweet birthday wishes yesterday! I have the best friends and family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment