let the fun begin...

Last week I had an appointment with the nurse at my OB's office. The doctor I had with Charlie moved out of state, so I had to find a new one for this pregnancy. I have not met the doctor yet, but I am very impressed with her nurse. I told them about my previous pregnancy and they reviewed my charts and decided it would be best if I come in right away and get some blood tests done. They took a TON of blood. The nurse even seemed to be surprised at how many tests the doctor requested. Luckily, getting poked and getting blood drawn does not bother me at all. Then the nurse came in the room with this:


I was VERY familiar with these two items from when I was in the hospital before Charlie was born, but I never had to use them at home. The nurse explained that I had to complete a 24-hour urine test and was to bring in the bottle of urine when the 24 hours was up. She was so cute about it because she kept apologizing about having to do it. She kept looking for a bag so that I would not have to carry these out in the open for all to see in the waiting room/parking lot. I just laughed and told her this was just the beginning of the complete invasion of privacy I was about to endure anyway and what did I have to hide at this point, right? I have been putting off the test and still have not done it. I am planning on doing it on Wednesday since I will be home and do not have to work. Don't worry, I won't share how it goes....I have probably already shared too much??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment