out of the mouth of charlie...

I have been getting such a kick out of Charlie's flourishing personality and imagination lately. Just these last few months he has grown leaps and bounds in this area. Today at Target we were having an actual conversation and I stopped and thought, I cannot believe this is happening! He just knows so much!

Here are a few things he said this week that just cracked me up:

- Whenever I fix his hair, apparantly I always tell him he needs to look good for whomever we may be seeing that day. So a few days ago as I was fixing his hair he looked up at me and said "Mom, who do I need to look good for today?"

- He was playing in our closet yesterday as I was getting ready for the day and I saw that he was struggling with getting something off the shelf. I offered him help, but he said "No, don't you know superheroes don't need help?"

- He just got a new pair of crocs for the summer. A few people have commented on how cute they were and he told them "Thanks, I got them at Little Feet Shoe Store. My mom got a good deal on them." No idea how he knew this, must have heard the saleslady and I talking?

- My mom had some birds that kept flying into her window a few weeks ago when Charlie was over at her house. He was a little scared but my mom kept reassuring him he was safe. My mom called me the other day and he asked to talk to her. The first thing he said when he got on the phone was "Birdies! Leave my GiGi alone!"

This age is incredible. Everyday I look at him and cannot believe what a little person he has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment