the big 2-9....

So, today I turned 29. I usually don't get stressed out about getting older, but I have to admit this one stung a little. Only one more year until the big one. I have thought a lot today about where I am vs. where I thought I would be at this age. The only thing I regret is that I don't have my degree yet. When it comes down to it, that is really not too bad - I can still finish that at any time. I am not surprised that I am a mother by now since I got married young, but I am surprised by how incredibly blessed I feel and how much motherhood has changed who I am. Maybe age has played a part as well, but now that I am a mother I am much more sensitive to the world around me and my everyday moments. Ten years ago I was engaged and my life was about to change in a big way. If I could tell that 19 year old girl anything, it would be to just enjoy the next ten years as much as possible - to know that you are about to marry the most amazing man who is going to take care of you through the MANY twists and turns that life is going to throw your way - and to get ready for motherhood because even though everybody tries to tell you how incredible it is going to be, there is no way you will truly know until you feel it for yourself. I guess at the end of the day after much thought, I realized that I am 29 and I couldn't be happier.

Eric also turned 29 last week, but he did not seem to feel the same way about turning 29 as I did at first. This could be because he was convinced he was turning only 28. Once I did the math for him and it sunk in, I think he was a little bummed out - he must have just been in denial.

On a lighter note, check out this cake:


My sweet big brother Jon sent this cake to me all the way from Vegas. It is from a place called Nothing Bundt Cakes and I have to say that this cake is HEAVEN. This cake is seriously the best cake I have ever eaten. I might even go as far as to say this was better than my wedding cake and I never thought that would be possible. Jon had told me how good these cakes were, but I really was not prepared for it to be THAT good. If you ever have the chance to try one, do it! It is a franchise that is growing rapidly so there may just be one coming to your area soon. Or you could just have one shipped like Jon did. (Holly, I saw on their website they are coming soon to Denver, you will have to check it out, I am serious!)

It is also my nephew Roger's birthday today. Happy Birthday to you! We miss you and hope that you had a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday you OLD, OLD WOMAN!! I really would have never guessed your were that old. You look like you are 21.. I hope you enjoyed your day and were spoiled by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy,

    First of all-happy birthday! You have truly been blessed! I pray that you had a great day-Renee had her baby yesterday in Missouri :) That cake is so cute and does look good-I trust you! Maybe I can get one for the baby shower cake I am doing in June if they are open by then. How sweet of Jon and thoughtful....Love you and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    Love you, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, it makes me feel so much better about my age to know that you are catching up! Hee hee. I was going to call you yesterday to say in person Happy Birthday and how much you mean to me...but it was one of "those" days and I am going to give you a ring tonight!
    I love you Mandy!!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete