happy mother's day!

Mother's Day is usually pretty lame around here because Eric always has to work at the Parade of Homes. We were lucky enough to get to go out last night with my parents to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then to a movie. We saw "Made of Honor". It was a cute movie. A typical girlie romantic comedy. Grandpa Rodger and Grandma Nita took Charlie first thing yesterday morning and they drove to LaGrande, OR to visit with Great Grandma Ida. He spent the night at their house last night and are supposed to be dropping him off shortly. So, really I was able to celebrate Mother's Day yesterday by having a day to myself to do whatever I wanted. Unfortunately, I did not do much because I do not seem to have much energy lately. I think the baby is sucking it all out of me :) I am very happy that I have not had any major sickness, just a little nauseousness in the mornings. Definitely nothing to complain about.

Here is what I made for my mom for Mother's Day:



The basis of the project was taught by Wilna at the Scrap Etc. event that I went to a few weeks ago. The original intent was so put little notes and pictures in the envelopes, but they were the perfect size for gift cards so I decided to go that route. One envelope had a note in it and the other three had gift cards for some things that I thought my mom would enjoy. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. This is definitely something I don't think I would have taken the time to do otherwise, but the idea was so cute and I am happy I finished it. I think my mom liked it too. :)

Happy Mother's Day to you mom! Thanks for always being there for us. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Cuteness! Love the way it turned out Mandy...and great idea to put the gift cards in!! Mine is still sitting here unfinished!! But you have inspired me to work on it again. Wilna's just the best!
    Love ya,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete