we have been busy...

Eric had yesterday and today off and we were deciding what we wanted to do. We had been talking about putting some trim moulding up in the new baby's room and so I sprung the idea on him to go price it out at Home Depot. Before we knew it, we had it all loaded up in our cart and were ready to get started. We painted the trim first with one of my dad's paint sprayers. Then we got busy cutting and putting it up. Today, it is all up, caulked and spackled and now we need to do the paint touch-ups. I am planning on painting below the trim in a green color, but I am waiting for the new bedding that I ordered to get here (it is supposed to be here today, FedEx always gets here late in the day, aarrrg!). We still have plenty of time til the baby gets here but I figured I might as well get it done while I have the energy and time!

Here are the before pics:




And here it is with the trim up:

Please excuse the mess! This room has been the guest/junk room for the last few months. I can't wait to get it all organized and ready. I will post another picture once I get the green painted - I am so happy with how it is turning out.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow all in a day. That project would have gone on for a day down here. Does Eric rent his handy work out? Can't wait to see the bedding, I am sure it is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mandy,
    heidi said charlie could sing amazing grace and i just watched it! he is so so cute and has a great voice! i loved the second one too! just wanted to say congratulations on your
    new little one as well! i love the
    name 'chance'.... i've only known one other person with that name and when i first heard it i really liked it. i love your design work
    for freehand scraps....you are a
    true artist!
    great job on the trim...it looks really good. i like it high like that. very cool. please tell eric
    hi from us.
    love pj & lYnn

    ReplyDelete