a very sweet surprise....

I spent the entire morning cleaning the house from top to bottom. I had just finished putting Charlie down for his nap and sat down to take a break and I hear someone at the door. I wasn't expecting anybody, so imagine my surprise when there was a woman standing there to hand me these:

A very sweet surprise from my VERY sweet friend Heidi - just because. Thank-you so much Heidi, you really brightened my day and made it special. :) You are such a dear friend and I am so blessed to have you in my life. (I tried to call you to say thanks, but my phone is acting up - I will keep trying this weekend!)

I have also been meaning to post an update about my first trimester screening that I had on Wednesday. I was really looking forward to this appointment because I wanted to see the baby again, but I was a little anxious because of my past experience. When I was pregnant with Charlie it seemed like we were always receiving bad news at these appointments and I was not sure if I would be ready for that this time. Luckily, all went great! The baby is right where it should be and was moving around like crazy. The heartbeat was 165. My blood pressure was the lowest it has been since we have been monitoring it. It really was a great visit...until we had to meet with the genetic counselor. Eric and I had pretty much already decided prior to the visit that we weren't interested in doing any genetic testing for Trisomy 18 or 21. The genetic counselor did not want to take no for an answer. I think this is when I realized exactly how emotional I was about this pregnancy. As I broke down in front of this woman that I did not know, I realized that while I was scared out of my mind about this pregnancy, I also feel so much peace at the same time. I guess I know that I have already handed this pregnancy to the Lord and I know it will all unfold how he wants it to, but it is still easy to let that fear creep in sometimes. I thought about all that bad news we gotten last time and I also thought about all the "clues" that we were given along the way that may have let us know what we were in for. When we decided to go through with another pregnancy it was because we felt informed this time around. We knew what we may be in for and we felt okay about it. In the end, I finally just gave up and let the lady take my blood. I am sure there will be many more ups and downs on this emotional roller coaster. :) (I did get a disc with some photos from this ultrasound, but they were worse than the first ultrasound, how can that be possible?)

I am looking forward to the weekend, hope you all have a great one!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is going well. I will keep praying for you and the peace of God that passes all understanding will guard your heart and mind. Beautiful flowers! :) What a wonderful surprise.

    Take care of yourself and that baby #2.....

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Mandy! We will talk again soon, when your phone is behaving! LOL. Glad those little buds brightened your day!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete