happy holiday weekend....

We started the holiday off with a parade around the neighborhood. It was a huge success and there were hundreds of kids with their bikes/scooters/wagons all decked out for the holiday.



It has been SO hot here for the last week so we decided to spend the day inside and go to the movies. My mom took Charlie to see Wall-E (which he LOVED!) and Eric, my dad, Jon and I saw Hancock. It was much different than I expected and I liked it. Our neighbors invited us over for a BBQ and fireworks in the evening. The evening was beautiful and we enjoyed hanging out enjoying each others company. I really had no idea what Charlie was going to think of the fireworks this year. He can still be scared of loud noises on occasion, but he did great! He would cover his ears if he thought it was too loud but he did not seem to be scared. He loved playing with the snaps that you throw on the ground. Too bad most of our box was full of duds, I think he would have done that for hours. Most of the neighbors on the street all came together, so there was a lot of fireworks to enjoy.




This week has been very busy with Uncle Jon in town. We went to Roaring Springs (local water park) for the first time. Everybody had a great time. Too bad Eric and Jon got terrible sunburns on their chest and backs. Bad enough that they both had blisters! OUCH! Charlie loved the kiddie pool, but is still not a big fan of the splash attractions. On Thursday, we rented a jetski and went up to Lucky Peak. It was 106 degrees that day, so I think we would of had a little more fun if it had been cooler, but we still had a great time. We even took Charlie for a short ride. After a few minutes he said "I am having fun, but I think I am ready to go back now." I think he was a little more scared than he wanted to let on. I have not edited the photos from that day, but I will post them this week. Today we have spent the day at home - Charlie is very happy about this, I think he is exhausted from all the activity this week!
Hope you all are having a wonderful holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment