eric's wild hog...

We had been talking for a while about what to do about Eric's Land Rover. He LOVED that car, but it was only getting about 10-11 mpg and it required premium gasoline! It was $100.00 to fill it up and he was getting only about 200 miles per tank. His job does not require a lot of driving since it is so close, but it still just seemed to be costing us a lot. He mentioned to me that he would like to get a scooter. My first reaction was No Way! as I had flashbacks to the motorcycle that he had to have when we lived in Denver shortly after we got married. He ended up not liking the motorcycle as much as he thought he would since the traffic was pretty scary in Denver and it definitely has a cold winter for a sport bike! He only had the motorcycle for about 6 months before we sold it and bought a Ford Ranger. Anyway, the more we thought about how much we would save (and the more he begged! :), it made sense for us to get the scooter. Here she is in all her glory:



I think Eric loves it as much as he loved his Land Rover so I think he is happy. Since the baby will be here in the winter and I will no longer be working at Archiver's, we really only need one car anyway. I did not want to drive it at first because I was scared, but Eric talked me into driving it around the block and it was a lot of fun! You are all invited to drop by and take it for a test spin -you just might end up wanting one yourself! :)

2 comments:

  1. I want one! I have always wanted a scooter since we rode them in Hawaii 4 years ago. We have even looked at them to buy. It just hasn't made sense for us but if I has Eric's job you can justify it! I love it.....Someday I will have one I suppose.

    Happy for you, and I might just have to accept the offer and drop by to live vicariously through you.
    By the way, your pages were great and of course I am happy someone is caught up with their scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun Mandy! Especially this time of year!

    Love ya,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete