i love spring....

Since the gallery will not be up until the 4th, Heidi asked if I would be interested in posting one of my projects for the April Freehand Scraps kit. So, I thought I would share the rest of the minibook that I posted about a few days ago. Even though I absolutely love this kit, at first I was a little worried how I was going to use it since I usually only scrapbook for Charlie's book and this kit was not very "boy". I quickly decided to do a minibook since I have never done one before. Plus it gave me a chance to work with an acrylic album, something I have been wanting to do. This is the great thing about being part of a kit club - it can really stretch your creativity and get you excited to create things just for fun sometimes. I am so happy that Spring is finally making an appearance so I focused the book on all the things I love about Spring. Here are the rest of the photos (you can click on them to make them bigger):







I really love the way this book came out. My favorite item in the kit is the tags from Jenni Bowlin. I used almost all of them in this book and felt a little panic when I realized they were almost gone. The rub-ons from Jenni Bowlin were also great because they went on very easily and I loved that they showed up black on both sides of the acrylic pages. I did not use any new or unique techniques in this book, just some stamping and my favorite go-to scallop circle punch. Make sure to check out the kit at www.freehandscraps.com, it is for sale now!

Also, I just wanted to note that the acrylic album does not come in the kit so you could easily replicate this idea with any type of minibook.

No comments:

Post a Comment