we have a new roommate...

This little guy has made himself at home above our front door:

I noticed some twigs lying on the ground and looked up to see that he (or is it a she?) was well on it's way to making a pretty good sized nest. The sensitive guy that he is, Eric can not bear the thought of getting rid of the nest until the eggs hatch. So, now we shall see how long it decides to stick around. Charlie loves checking on it whenever we go outside. Tonight as we got ready to go for a walk he asked why the bird was not wearing his jacket since it was chilly outside. :)

The event this weekend was titled "Tell the story only you can tell". Just a little reminder that scrapbooking is not just about birthday and Christmas photos, but about the details of our lives. Things like our daily routine, the places that we visit often, the people that influence us most or our favorite place to sit and think. All these things that make us who we are. It really has made me think these past few days since I've been home. Taking the time to notice the details that fill our lives. I learned many different ways to document "my story" and I can't wait to get started. One of the quotes that Heidi Swapp told us in her class was "A year from now you will wish you started today". At first I didn't think much of it, but the more I have pondered it the more it has hit home. There are SO many things today that I wish I would have started a year ago. I think I am definitely going to post this somewhere in my house as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment