partying michael jackson style....

So, even though Charlie wanted to have a Mexican Fiesta for his party for months, he changed his mind and insisted on a Michael Jackson themed party. Just in case you were wondering, there are not a lot of MJ themed party decorations readily available. And the few things you do find are definitely not going to be child sized.

As I looked through the party store trying to get creative, I saw this life sized cardboard cutout of MJ himself. I knew that Charlie would freak out about it and it was only 19 dollars so I decided to skip the balloons and get it. Balloons only last a few days and I have a feeling this cutout is going to be sticking around for quite a while.




He LOVED it. He kept asking if I put that Happy Birthday sign on it. I told him no, that MJ knew it was his big day and wanted to send him birthday wishes. Then he said "I am pretty sure that Michael Jackson would not recognize me if I saw him in real life."

Anybody else think he looks a lot like Freddy Krueger with the striped sweater and hat? Eric and I were chuckling about it all day.

In the afternoon Eric took Charlie and his two buds, Brennan and Aidan, to a movie. Charlie picked Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakuel. (I really was not bummed that I had to miss that one!). When he went to pick up the boys they busted out the hats and white gloves that we got and got silly for the camera.



Then we headed to McDonald's for dinner, Charlie's choice of course! We enjoyed our delicious gourmet dinner and then did cake and presents (and since they have a Nothing Bundt Cakes store here in Sandy, you know that we were going to get one! Best cakes ever!) I tried to think of a way to decorate the cake to the theme, but everything just seemed too cheesy. Luckily, Charlie was too concerned about eating the frosting than the actual decoration.



He had a great day and he loved all his presents. He got some legos, Spongebob DVDs, the Meatball Madness game, the MJ This Is It DVD* and the Band Hero game for his Nintendo DS. Such a lucky little boy with lots of people that love him!

* The MJ This Is It DVD is not actually out yet, but he has been hinting ever since he saw it in the theater that he just has to have it and that they are offering it as a preorder at Amazon.com. He repeatedly told me about the preorder and then he would end it with "all I need is an e-mail address and a credit card number...." Yeah right dude, nice try!
Happy Birthday Charlie! We love you so much and are proud of the big boy that you are!
Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Charlie!! Wow-can't beleive how time flies....The put a Nothing Bundt Cakes here in the Park Meadows area a while back but I have not tried it yet...will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete