looking forward to some creative time....

Between the move, the holidays and all the sickness around here, something just had to give and unfortunately it was my crafting time. As we try to find our "new normal", I am hoping to make some time to craft. I need it. It really does make me happy and I never regret the time I spend doing it. I did take one night last month to make a few projects with the January Freehand Scraps kit. I am so thankful that I get the chance to design with Heidi's kits. Sometimes I wonder if I didn't if I would ever get any scrapbooking done. I wanted to set a goal to make at lease one layout a week, but I already dropped the ball on week one. I am planning on trying to catch up this weekend if the family is cooperative. Check out the rest of the gallery, it is a fun kit!

I wanted to do my normal journaling strips for the journaling on this one, but decided to try the tags instead. I am not crazy about the results, but it was nice to do something different. I tend to get in to certain habits and then forget that there are other techniques.
I love the button flowers from Sassafras. I especially love that the buttons are already threaded. I like the look, but generally don't take the time to do it.
I knew I wanted to use that gorgeous flower from Bella Blvd., but just couldn't get it to work on one of the boys' pages. :) It was perfect for a card though. This card is going to a very special friend. I know she reads my blog, so be surprised when you get it, okay??

Those cute Maya Road sheer robots were fun to use too. I have never seen them at any of the stores around here. And the October Afternoon journaling stickers are just perfect for any page.
I have one other project that is in the works that I can't share yet because it is a (late!) birthday gift. Hoping to get back to that this week and get it in the mail.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. cute pages and card! I love the eleven months page and those sassafrass flowers are the best! I can't wait to see the birthday surprise.....I hope you share!

    ReplyDelete