freehand scraps sneaks and crafty time....

I finally figured out that if I was going to get the creative time I wanted then something was going to have to give. This week, that was computer time. I waste way too much time on the computer and at the end of the day, have nothing to show for it. So, this week I limited my time looking at blogs and facebook and and took a few minutes here and there to work on some projects I have been working on.

First up are my projects for Freehand Scraps. The February kit is cute and colorful. I love the combination of red, teal and tan (and even a little pink thrown in the mix!) I especially loved all the patterned papers and had a hard time choosing which one to use, so I had to use a little of each one! Here are a few peeks...



I had so much fun scrapbooking these pages. It is usually hard to get started, but then I have such a good time and wonder why I don't do it more. I am hopefully going to make some more time this month to do a few more pages.

I also finished Heidi's birthday present and she has received it so I am excited to share!


This is the first rag quilt I have done with fabric that is not flannel. I fell in love with this fabric from the Wonderland line by Moda and had to give it a try. The colors and patterns reminded me of Heidi and I knew I was going to make it for her for her birthday. I think I will definitely make another quilt like this again. It was so fun to make.

The other project I have been working on is rag burp cloths. Eric's manager from his old branch in Boise is having a baby boy and he asked if I could make some for him. I made a few sets because they are so easy and nice to have on hand for a shower gift.


It feels so good to have these projects completed. And as a reward, I am spending a little extra time on the computer tonight and then I am off to bed early! :)
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love them! Can you tell me how you made them or send me directions? 2bscrapin@gmail.com My neighbor is going to have a baby in Sept (I am so excited) so would love to make her some. I would love to try to make Matt and I one of those quilts! Plus one for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy...it brings tears to my little eyes everytime I see it! I had company today and dragged it out to show everyone. I am so very grateful for our friendship...and that you loved me enough to make me such a precious gift! I will treasure it!

    Love you to pieces!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sneaks and wow what a gorgeous quilt....love it and the fabric is so cheery and colorful and so much fun! I cannot wait to see it in person. Can't wait to see your entire gallery in the morning. Love you girl....

    Holl

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am having a baby in september and would love to make a quilt like that. are you willing to share how to do it? it's absolutely gorgeous. love the fabric. bekahmoser@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to have one of those blankets, but have absolutly no time to make one. Would you take orders? I would love to see my little girls carry those around for their little "blankey's"...Please contact me if you are interested in making some extras...

    ReplyDelete