potty training progress...

Yesterday I decided to get serious about potty training. There has been a lot of potty talk around the house the last few months, but we never really pushed the issue. I think by noon, Charlie was already in his third pair of underwear and he had peed on the carpet twice. Not a good start. He did go potty in his potty chair before his nap and again after dinner - after we caught him starting to go in his pants. Nonetheless, there was lots of praise and special treats! Today has been a little better. He seems to be scared to go which concerns me a little. He is just sooooo sensitive and I think he is a little confused about the whole process. Let's hope for more success tomorrow! I am feeling crafty tonight so I think I am going to go make some cards. If all goes well, hopefully I can share some pictures of them tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I remember those days all too well and one word of advice on potty training: Halle was afraid to go, so I would have her sing a song or read her a story while she sat on the potty chair-it seemed to ease the tension and then the focus wasn't so much on the potty. It was a process for us. A chart with stickers worked well towards a big goal. make sure it has enough squares that they won't reach the prize too quickly. They should be trained by the time the chart is full and it does away with candy all the time or something else.
    Happy Training.

    Love,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete