march for babies

*edited* - The badge on the right was not updating with the donations, so I have just added a link to click on if you would like to donate. Thanks again!

As you proably have noticed from the badge on the right side of this blog, Eric and I are going to be walking in the March for Babies this year. We have wanted to participate every year since Charlie was born, but we never did and always felt bad. This year, Eric was up late one night watching TV and a March of Dimes commercial came on that brought tears to his eyes (I cry everytime I see them too!) and he immediately got on their website and signed us up. I am so glad he did and we can't wait to do it on April 26th! If any of you feel led to donate some money to this cause we would greatly appreciate it. Just click on "donate" on the badge.

So many of us are faced with different challenges in life and I used to question why this had to be ours, but I have come to accept and embrace it and feel like I must do all I can to help the cause.


When I look at the pictures from Charlie's first few months of life I wonder how can this be the same little three year old that I know now? The one that leaves toys all over my house, the one that likes to test his limits, the one that loves to sing and play music, the one that brings so much incredible joy to our lives?
This week Eric was talking to a couple in the sales office that were interested in building a home. He recognized the gentleman, but could not figure out from where. He mentioned that he worked at Saint Al's, and right away figured out that it was Forrest, Charlie's respiratory therapist when he was in the NICU. Forrest was such a sweet man and he was great at his job. He knew how to make us comfortable and explain things in a way so we could understand. God definitely had all his angels working on Charlie those first few weeks. Forrest mentioned that Charlie is still the smallest boy they have ever had at Saint Al's NICU (that lived), can you believe it? What a miracle he is. I know that Forrest was put in Eric's life this week to encourage us. It has been a few years since this all happened and the fresh emotion of it has worn off so it is easy to put it in the back of our minds and worry about "today". So now it is out - you guys know we have committed to this and we hope you will support us. :)
Here is that three year old that we are going to be walking for on April 26th. If you are local, you can always join us too! Let me know if you are interested :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Mandy-It just does seem like an eternity ago that this little guy was fighting for his life. (I know he was never alone!) Praise the Lord for His miraculous hand on little Charlie! I am so proud of you guys for doing something for the "cause." Freehand Scraps will definitely have to be a part of the sponsoring! I love you guys, and think you're great!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh way to tug at the heart strings. We will definately support your guys in this, anyway we can. I will catch up to you guys so that we can donate and help some little "Charlie" out there in the world.

    ReplyDelete