june layouts.....

I am so happy to say that with these last few pages I completed with the Freehand Scraps June kit, I am officially done with Cannon's monthly update pages. I still have quite a few other pages I want to do to finish up his first year album, but I feel like I have made a good dent in it.

The kit came with these chipboard frames from American Crafts. They were all different colors/designs so I painted them all white so I could put the patterned paper behind them. Other than having to paint 4 coats of paint, this page was simple and came together quickly. I laugh out loud whenever I see this picture of Cannon.


I had tons of scrap papers when I was finished with my layouts so I put together this quick card. I love having these types of cards ready to go because then I am much more likely to send them out.
Another layout showcasing all the cute patterned papers and that beautiful ribbon. I did create separate 6x12 pages with all the milestones/text like I have shown here before. They are just so simple I didn't take pictures of them for the gallery.


Here is a layout with the chipboard frames in their original form. I have actually changed this page a little bit because I remembered that I had the little baggie of hair that the hairstylist gave me. I removed that chipbaord scissors from the yellow circle and put the baggie of hair behind it. It turned out cute. I am just too lazy to re-photograph it. I just ruffled up the ribbon as I fed it through the sewing machine. I will have to say that this layout is much, much cuter in person. I am not sure why I couldn't get a good photo of it.



My pages are usually so simple I don't really feel like they need an explanation, but if you have any questions feel free to ask! The kit is still available at Freehand Scraps. Go get one.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. i love your layouts this month and always. The simplicity is great and they always inspire me when I try too hard with my work. I am not even finished with Halle's baby book covering her first year!! It is nearly finished but I am stuck on some pages especially her dedication, etc. Yours are a reminder to keep it simple and get it done! One question....do you stitch the ribbon pleated first then adhere it to the page or stitch the whole thing onto the page. Do you pin it to make it look so perfect??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! All of it is just darling...and just goes to show that you can use these "girlier" papers for cute boy pages too!

    I must call you today and find out all about your trip!

    Hugs!
    H

    ReplyDelete