feeling so grateful today....

I have gotten a few comments/e-mails about how much Cannon looks like Charlie and you all are so right! At first I did not think he looked anything like Charlie, but now as I look at pictures of Charlie when he was the same size as Cannon, I definitely see a resemblance. The biggest difference is that Cannon's hair is much darker than Charlie's ever was. I wonder if it will stay that way??
Eric's grandma Ida was in town earlier this week for some doctor appointments and we took her to see Cannon. Can you believe she is 94? She looks great and is doing pretty good!
We had a little scare last night while we were visiting Cannon. I changed his diaper and gave it to the nurse to weigh it. She looked at it and mentioned that his poop was a weird color and asked if it had been that way before. It actually was the same color earlier in the day but I didn't think much of it and the day nurse hadn't mentioned anything about it. She decided to keep the diaper to show the doctor when she made her rounds. We had to leave, but Eric called the NICU late last night to see if the doctor was concerned. She did decide to order a liver panel this morning just to see if anything turned up. We have said a million times how lucky we have been that Cannon has not had any major issues. But it really did not hit home until last night. As we drove home I could tell that Eric and I both felt very uneasy. Suddenly, on top of all the other things we were already dealing with, there was a possibility that he might not be okay. I truly feel so blessed and grateful that we have not had to experience this feeling very often since Cannon was born. Luckily, all his test results came back normal and his poop seems to be back to normal. The doctor is not sure what caused the change yesterday, but they will continue to watch it for any more changes.
I have been spending a lot of time at the hospital these last few days. Eric has been home the last 2 weeks, but he will be starting a new job on Tuesday so I have been taking advantage of him being around to watch Charlie. I have been trying to be there for at least 3 of Cannon's feedings per day. I love getting to spend so much time with him. Before he was born and Charlie was my world, I couldn't imagine being able to love another little guy as much as I loved Charlie. I heard it a million times before that my love would double and multiply and I never doubted that it would, I just couldn't imagine how it would feel. Now I know what it is like to have two amazing, adorable little boys and I could not be any more over the moon about them. I am so very lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Those baby pictures do look a lot alike! Sorry I missed you when you were in the store the other day. So thankful that Cannon's tests have come back okay. We will be praying! I am sure you are anxious to have him home with you, Eric and Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how one blog led to another and I got here a while back. Just know that you are being stalked :) by a caring stranger. This was a beautiful picture of mom and Cannon today and a beautiful post. Best wishes. Next time I check maybe you will only have to commute to the other end of your house to feed precious Cannon.

    ReplyDelete