five weeks (+2 days) update....

Sorry I did not get around to posting Cannon's five week update on Wednesday. I have a good excuse though - all the members of the Smith clan (except for Cannon) have been sick this week. It started with Charlie (of course) and then around Tuesday night Eric and I both started to feel the scratchy throat. Eric seems to have gotten it much worse than me. So, we were not been able to visit Cannon all day Wednesday and Thursday. I actually snuck down there real quick last night because I needed some bottles so I wore a mask and poked my head in on him. He is still just as cute as ever :) I have missed him like crazy, but it is just not worth getting him sick. I am thinking of visiting him tonight, but may just wait until tomorrow.
I don't have any updated pictures of him, but he has had a good week. They started to bottle feed him on Tuesday night. He is still getting 40 cc's. He will usually finish the bottle on a few feedings and then he will have one where he will fall asleep so they give the rest of it to him through his feeding tube. Hopefully, soon he will be eating exclusively from the bottle or breast and they can get rid of the feeding tube...and shortly after come home! They had not weighed him yet last night when I stopped by, but yesterday he weighed 4 pounds 13 ounces. He had his eye and hearing screenings on Wednesday. He passed both with flying colors! The eye test showed that his retinas showed no sign of retinopathy or prematurity. We were not worried about his eye test because he was not showing any signs of problems, but it was really the last big hurdle that we were waiting to get the results on. We are so blessed to have such a healthy, perfect little guy!
We are still hoping to have Cannon home by Thanksgiving. I will update as we know more. Once again, your prayers have made all the difference. Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment