my little sunshine...


I never have a dull day when Charlie is around. He is always doing funny things or saying something that makes me smile.

A few things heard from the mouth of Charlie this week:

(In the car)
Charlie: Mom, where are we going?

Me: Archiver's

Charlie: Ugh, Archiver's is so boring. I don't want to go there.

Me: I know, but it is mommy's favorite store and I like to go there. What is your favorite store?

Charlie: Bed, Bath and Beyond.

hmmmm...interesting choice for a four-year old, wouldn't you say? I have a feeling this answer has something to do with him looking through the ad we got in the mail and he saw some Guitar Hero toy that he just has to have. Everyday for the last week he has said that he wants to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond. No Toys R Us for this kid. ha!

(also in the car)
"Mom, do you want to know what my 2 favorite things to do are? The first is being in Vegas. The second is playing on the computer. Both make me very happy."

(today at dinner)
"I need to get a nightcap. All the cartoon character wear a nightcap to bed. It must be the right thing to do."

Other things Charlie is really into right now:
- watching Quiznos commercials on YouTube. He is always asking me "how do you torpedo?" I really have no idea where this came from. We hardly ever eat at Quiznos.

- The Cat in the Hat movie (the newer version with Mike Myers as the cat). He watched if for 5 hours straight when we drove to Salt Lake last weekend. He loves to watch the special features and audio commentary. A whole new world has opened up to him now that he has figured out the remote control.

- He still likes to watch Lion King videos on YouTube, but his love for Mary Poppins has been rekindled out of the blue and it is back in the rotation as well as Detroit Rock City by KISS.

- SpongeBob has also become a favorite around here. He really is over most of the kiddo cartoons. The other day he was even telling me about something he saw on iCarly. I have been trying to talk him into being SpongeBob for Halloween, but he is not budging from Rafiki.

- watching commercials. This boy surely is an advertiser's dream. He says that he wants every single thing that he sees on TV. Even if it is a girl's toy. Last week when we were in the car listening to the radio and he says "hey, this is from the scotchbrite commercial!" We are trying to teach him that he cannot have every toy he wants and that he really is lucky to have such nice things and all the other things that parents say to their kids, but I think all he hears right now is "blah, blah, blah, blah!"
I feel so blessed to get to spend my every day with this kid. Love him so, so much.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. This little guy just cracks me up!! I really do think we would be great friends...although he seems more cultured than I am with all of his knowlege of Broadway and such. I think he's right about the nightcap comment...it does seem like the right thing to do! LOL

    Love you Charlie!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete