brothers....



Cannon absolutely adores his brother Charlie. Unfortunately, the feeling is not quite mutual. Don't get me wrong - Charlie does love Cannon. He is concerned when Cannon cries and he will sometimes try to soothe him. He freaked out when I told him not to leave small items laying around because Cannon could choke on them. For three days straight all I heard was how he didn't want his baby brother to choke and die. So now Charlie is extremely careful and will not let Cannon get within 10 feet of any of his toys. Cannon will be on the other side of the room crawling around and I will hear Charlie scream "NO CANNON! Do not come near my toys!" And if Charlie gets a new toy he will read the packaging aloud and makes sure to tell me that it says it is for age 3 and over and that it could be a possible choking hazard. When this happens I am pretty sure he is less concerned about him choking and more wanting me to know that he has no intention of sharing this toy with Cannon. On the rare occasion that Cannon will get ahold of one of Charlie's things all I hear about is how Cannon is spitting all over it. Charlie is completely grossed out by his drooling and lets me know about it everyday. He does like to make his baby brother smile and laugh though. Luckily it is not hard since Cannon is always flashing a smile in Charlie's direction.

My hope is that as they get older the 4 year age difference won't be such a big deal. We will see. Until then we will keep trying to nurture that special brotherly bond. They are so lucky to have each other - I can't wait until they realize that!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. hmmm, if you get your boys to "realize" they love each other let me know how you did it, because the phrase brotherly love sure doesn't happen in this house!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a picture of them together in a while...and I can't believe how different they look from each other!!

    Don't worry they will love each other...someday...and appreciate what they have. It may just take some time (when Cannon quits drooling? lol)

    ReplyDelete