it's been 9 crazy years....

This weekend Eric and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary! We were lucky enough to get to spend the weekend in Jackson Hole (FYI, they have dropped the "Hole" now, so it is just Jackson, WY, who knew??). My dad has been working there for the past few months and was able to get us a gorgeous suite at the Teton Mountain Lodge - what an unbelievably beautiful place! Eric's parents watched Charlie for the weekend which made it all the more relaxing for us. Thank you Priscilla and Roger & Anita, we appreciate it SO very much. We all got massages on Sunday - my first prenatal massage...what a treat that was! I had great intentions of taking a ton of pictures, but of course, we hardly took any. Here is a shot of Old Faithful:

We drove up to Yellowstone on Saturday and saw the steaming geysers and Old Faithful. We did not see any wildlife except for one buffalo on our drive back to the lodge.

We had a great time with my parents and I want to say thank-you to them for inviting us along. Love you both.

I did a scrapbooking layout about our nine years together for Freehand Scraps. I can only show a sneek peak because the gallery will not go up until the first, but here are a few fun facts that I gathered for it about our nine years together:
Eight - the number of automobiles we have owned
Fourteen - the number of employers we have had
Seven - the number of addressed we have had
One - the number of pets we have owned
Two - the number of boys that we have

It was fun to reflect on these numbers. I actually would have thought the number of addresses and automobiles would have been higher. It seems like we are always moving or getting a different vehicle! Anyway, Happy Anniversary to my funny, understanding and extremely loving husband. It has been a crazy nine years and I can't wait to see what lies ahead. I love you.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on those 9 years!! Looks like you had fun and I had no idea they dropped the "hole" and here we just spent the past 8 years on that side of the state. Go figure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary!! and your retreat sounds delightful!! I had no idea they dropped the "hole" from Jackson, it makes me sad b/c that's how I remember it as a kid! I love the scrapbook page too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! I remember the day you got married like it was yesterday...sitting in the mall at the food court with our hair done (you in your veil) eating lunch before we headed to the winery. The make up lady at Origins..hee hee, the lovely song that had us laughing so hard. Your bachelorette party was hilarious how you kept getting asked if you had just gotten married (because of course we made you wear a silly pretend veil) at that movie theatre. I for the life of me can't remember what movie we saw?? Runaway Bride?? What I do remember was how special I felt to be a part of that day, and how much I love you!

    Your Matron of Honor
    (I guess I can be a maid of honor again, which sounds just so much better doesn't it? LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 9 wonderful years....wow-time flies. I too remember that day like it was yesterday. Glad you were able to get away and celebrate together. Don't you and your parents share the same anniversary??

    Cannot wait to see your scrapbook pages from the September kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary.
    Glad you came up "my way"...I live in Idaho Falls...and NO don't even think it is as picture perfect as jackson...LOL Gad you got to see the Tetons....Jackson is a beautiful place and I know of the lodge you stayed in...glad you could enjoy that. I am a friend of Micheel's....just stopping by to say hello. Congrats...on your 9 years...may you be of health and have many more...:o)
    Jann

    ReplyDelete