first day of preschool for mr. charlie.....

Today was the day! We have been talking about preschool for several months and Charlie was so excited to go this morning. At first he kept saying, "I am going to go to preschool and mommy is going to stay with me." I was worried there would be many meltdowns. We just kept reminding him that it would be like children's church and that we would come back to pick him up after a few hours. This morning came and there were no tears. He walkd up to his classroom and said "see you guys later" and ran off to play. SO happy about this! I came back to pick him up and he seemed pretty happy to see me. He gave me a big hug and told me how much fun he had and showed me the circle picture that he had drawn in class. Then he realized that daddy was not there to pick him up and a meltdown ensued. Not sure why he got so upset about that, but he calmed down and I took him to McDonalds to have a fun lunch together.





After McDonald's we stopped at Walmart for a few groceries and I said to him "Wow, I am sure proud of my little preschooler". He thought about it for a while and said, "Can I still be a churcher too?" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment