mother's day....

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

I had a very nice day hanging out with my favorite boys. We did a combination celebration since Eric's birthday was on Friday. Our friends took the boys and we drove up to Park City to go to the outlets. I got a super cute purse from Fossil. Then we drove around exploring downtown SLC. We drove through a gorgeous neighborhood called the Avenues. I am pretty sure I saw my dream home there. The homes looked like they were right out of the movies with beautiful tree lined streets and amazing architecture. Then we ate dinner at Pei Wei and finished the evening off with Iron Man 2. It was SO nice to get to sleep in this morning. We met up with our friends at The Gateway this afternoon and got some frozen yogurt. It was a perfect weekend and it certainly didn't hurt that the weather was beautiful!

This is what I made for my mom for Mother's Day.



I used the Freebird line from Moda. I love this fabric. I used this tutorial: Sew4Home. Next time I will probably get better towels. I got these at IKEA and I didn't like that they weren't actually 20 inches wide like they said they were. Of course I didn't measure them myself, so my fabric strips were a little off because of it. They turned out pretty cute anywayand think I just may need to make a few for myself!
Photobucket

1 comment: