charlie's school album....

I have thought a lot about how I wanted to format Charlie's school years album. I had ordered the Becky Higgins school kit mostly because I just wanted the plastic envelopes that she created to hold artwork/paperwork from throughout the year. I just did not care for the rest of the kit and decided not to use it. Instead I just created 3 simple layouts.

There was way too much text that I wanted to include, so I just typed up a letter to Charlie about his first year and tucked it in the plastic envelope. So, the layouts were mostly focused on the pictures of his first days at both schools he attended. I kept the layout on the right very simple because the one on the left is pretty busy.


I really wanted to include his signature and handprint too. I wish that I would have done this at the beginning of the year, but figured it is better to do it now than never. I will just have to do it at the end of the year every year, but that may work out better anyway since I won't be putting the layouts together until then anyway. This is also very simple because I wanted the handprint and signature to be the focus.
Here is the envelope that I mentioned above. I love these things! It fits perfectly in the album and holds quite a bit. I just love that I can put all my favorite artwork and other paperwork from the year in here and it is all organized and included in the scrapbook.
I should have lots more scrapbooking stuff to share this week because I have been busy this weekend trying to get caught up. I also just got the June Freehand Scraps kit and can't wait to start working with that too!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Your boys are so lucky to have you! What a treasure this will be to them someday. I wish I had something like this from my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ahead of me!! I have the album...just need to fill er up! :)

    Hope you had fun at the crop!!

    H

    ReplyDelete