little lego maniac....

Charlie was so excited to get the mail the other day and see that GiGi had sent him a new lego set. He has been asking for a Prince of Persia set ever since he laid eyes on them at Target. We immediately ripped open the box and started sorting the pieces. I helped him put together the accessories and Eric helped him with the structure. I will be honest here and admit that was all I could handle. I actually like putting them together, but I have no patience with trying to teach Charlie how to read the directions. I just end up doing it myself. I know that he is not learning anything when I just do it for him. Definitely something I need to work on. Luckily, Eric is pretty patient and is good about working through it together with him. This has always been a downfall of mine, I use to hate group projects in school because I would end up doing all the work myself. I would make a terrible teacher!

Anyway, we have really been encouraging him to play with legos because they have helped with his fine motor skills so much. Not to mention all the creative play it facilitates. He comes up with some of the greatest creations. From concert stages to scenes from Spongebob, his imagination is always in overdrive.

Look at little Cannon trying to get in on the action. He was not happy that he couldn't help.



Playing with the final product.

Thanks Gigi! As you can see, he loves it and has been playing with it nonstop since the day it arrived.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment