a few page shares....

Here are a few of the pages that I finished at the crops I've been to lately. I have a few more that just need some journaling on them, but that is always my least favorite part to do. (but really the most important, right?) I hope to get to it sometime this weekend.
The patterned paper is from Scenic Route. It is not new, but one of my all time favorite halloween papers so I had to use it. I think the stars look good with the rock theme.
I have loved these large newsprint letters from Cosmo Cricket forever and was happy to finally use them on this birthday page. The other letters are from Doodlebug. I am in love with all their letter stickers. The pictures were so busy I tried to keep the embellishments simple.
I was feeling pretty overwhelmed when I looked at the huge stack of Cannon's NICU pictures and was very uninspired to work with them. Most of them are not very good because the lighting was terrible and they just seem so busy. I decided to do something different that I have never done before. I bought some of the page protectors that have the 4x6 openings in them so I could just slide in all the pictures. I left a blank slot for each of the 6 weeks that he was there and then I went back through my blog and wrote up a summary of all the things that happened in each week. Then I embellished them a little and called it done!


I also used one of the openings for his little footprints. I love how it looks tucked in there with all the photos. I am really happy with how this turned out and even more happy that huge stack of NICU pictures is gone off my desk!
And now, my favorite part...putting them into an album to look at and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You do such beautiful work Amanda!! GReat pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy,

    loved to see your work! Your pages are inspiring! I have been wanting to do an album with some of the pocket pages and just doing big embellished pages for my favorite photos. What brand do you use-and what albums are you using? Where is the littel monkey from? Too cute! Makes me want to start Caleb's book but I am not finished with Halle's!!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete