happy new year!...

We had such a wonderful Christmas. Like I mentioned before, I did miss doing all the traditional activities, but on the other hand it was nice to just be with family and not get caught up in it all. Jon was in town and he brought a honeybaked ham and 2 delicious bundt cakes. We enjoyed a ham dinner with him on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning we had Eric's parents over to open presents and have brunch. This year was all about Charlie - we tried to keep it simple, but there were still a TON of presents for him under the tree - they add up so fast. Of course he was in total heaven and after each present he would say "oooh, this is just what I always wanted!" Among his favorites was the Leapster 2 game system from Santa and the Cookin' Cookies game from Uncle Tom and Aunt Andrea. We got him a lot of games this year. He seems to be at just the right age for it and we like to play them with him. Speaking of Santa, Charlie was in l-o-v-e. He talked about him nonstop and could not wait to see what he was going to bring. About an hour after he went to bed on Christmas Eve we heard him crying in his bed. When I went up to check on him he said he was upset that he hadn't heard Santa yet and was just sure that he was not coming to our house. I was able to convince him otherwise, but only if he went to sleep right away. We did not hear another peep out of him. Leaving cookies for the big guy....
Digging right in.

Cool Helmet Heroes toy fom Uncle Jon.
This is pretty much all Cannon did on the big day. And sleep. I couldn't help but think about how he is going to be a handful next Christmas.
The delicious Christmas brunch. mmmm.
The new year is off to a good start. We are all healthy and happy and ready to take on the new year. I usually don't make resolutions, but I am hoping to blog and scrapbook more and work on my photography. Can you believe I have only taken a handful of pictures of Cannon since he has been home? I must work on this! He has already changed so much. He is now up to 7 pounds 7 ounces which means he has put on over 2 pounds since he has been home. I will take some photos this weekend to share. Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an wonderful christmas. You got a movie in on christmas because we missed you when we stopped by. Thanks for the delicious treat. I hope 2009 kicks some serious 2008 butt!!

    ReplyDelete