cannon at 12 weeks...

Well, today the little man is 12 weeks old (3 weeks old adjusted age). He is getting so big and is developing a little personality.


A few facts about Cannon at twelve weeks:

- He absolutely loves to be held, especially tight and close. I am pretty sure he expects me to hold him all day long, but we are trying to work on a compromise.
- He sleeps pretty good at night. Some nights he will sleep for up to 5 hours and some nights he will awake every 3 hours on the nose. He is pretty good about eating and getting right back to sleep, but it still takes about an hour to do the whole routine.
- His newborn clothes are getting snug on him, so he will probably be in 0-3 months clothes in the next week or so. He is also starting to outgrow the newborn diapers and will be moving to size 1.
- He eats Similac Neo Sure formula since it has extra calories and is made for premature babies. He is eating about 3-3.5 ounces per feeding.
- He has terrible gas and cries often because of the pain. He has regressed on having bowel movements on his own so he gets pretty cranky due to that as well. The doctor said he is not constipated, so we just have to wait it out until he gets the hang of it. I am really hoping that this happens soon because I think he will be much happier.
- He is still not sure about the pacifier. Sometimes you can get him to suck on it, but for the most part he just spits it out now. Charlie never took it either. I may try a different style one just to see if he likes it better. I liked that I never had to wean Charlie from using one, but there are many times that it would be nice if he would use one to keep the sanity around here!
- His eyes are a beautiful blue-gray color. They are lighter close to the pupil and then they get darker on the edges. They are so pretty. I think they are going to stay blue.
- His hair is still dark but is getting more sparce. He is getting the bald spot on the back of his head from rubbing it in his sleep.
- He HATES the carseat. I really have not taken him out too much, but most of the time that I do, he screams bloody murder in the back seat. Charlie gets very upset and keeps telling me "Mom, I am very dissapointed that Cannon will not stop crying!"
- He is getting the Synagis vaccine to help prevent RSV. Premature babies are at higher risk for RSV (a very serious virus for all babies, but even worse for preemies). The shots are every 28 days and are $1500.00 a piece. Thank goodness for insurance!
Overall, Cannon has found his place in our little family. We are pretty much settled into a routine. Although, I really could use a little more time during the day that he didn't need to be held. Charlie has been a trooper and is very understanding when I can't tend to him right away. He loves his baby brother.

Speaking of Charlie, He is FOUR years old today! Four sounds so old. He definitely is not a baby anymore. We are having his party at Chuck E. Cheese on Saturday (uggh..his choice of course!) so I will have pictures to share of him then.

2 comments:

  1. Cannon is adorable!!! :) And Happy Birthday to Charlie! Chuck E. Cheese does scare me a bit...good luck with that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot it was Charlie boys b-day. Tell him I hope he had loads of fun at Chuck E. Cheese. My kids have never been there. LOL. I always tell them it's closed! But I am like that with places like that. Giant germ factories. LOL. So good to hear that Cannon is doing well also!

    Love you,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete