may 29, 2012

I usually never let the boys get chocolate milk when we eat out, but since it was just Cannon and I for dinner tonight, I decided it would be a fun treat.  He was busy looking at the toy display, but from several feet away he heard me order the chocolate milk and he came running.  "Did you say chocolate milk?!?" he yelled with a huge smile on his face.

The cashier put our order together as Cannon stood by the counter saying, "One chocolate milk for me please.  That's right, I will take one chocolate milk.  Yep, that chocolate milk is for me."

The smile remained as we found our seat, shook up the milk container and unwrapped the straw.  He sucked down the entire bottle, barely taking enough time to breathe as he guzzled it down (despite my requests to take it easy).



Then he took two bites of his chicken and said "My belly is full."

Now I remember why I never get them chocolate milk.  Lesson learned, once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment