april 2, 2012

I have been admiring all the Project Life pages and inspiration floating around in blogland and on Pinterest for months now.  I love the concept and was planning on jumping on the bandwagon in December, but I just couldn't commit to the weekly format.  It was just too much and I couldn't keep up.  Then I had a light bulb moment....how about doing it monthly?!?  This was exciting for me.  I could still document our lives without a huge time commitment.  I admit, I am not going to get as much everyday stuff in my album as I would with the weekly format.  But with where I am at in my life right now, this is the perfect compromise for me.

I have finished the cover page and my January spread.  I love it.  I had a lot of fun with this and am excited to start on February.  I can work on it whenever I have a few extra minutes and am wanting to do something creative.  I am keeping it simple because I want it to stay fun.  I don't want the guilt of having to "keep up".

I used the family photos that we had taken just before my dad's surgery on the cover page.


And the January spread:

I loved that I was able to get almost all of my journaling from my blog.  Again, this is all very simple.  No complicated techniques or anything to talk about.  Just pictures, text and a few cute embellishments thrown in for good measure. :)







I do have to say that I LOVE those little alpha stickers from Jillibean Soup.  I am definitely going to need every color.

1 comment: