one of those days....

This is Cannon's teething face. His cheeks get all red and he gets little eczema patches on his chin. Poor little dude.

I spent all morning on the phone fighting with the people at Social Security and still got nowhere. Cannon spilled his milk all over the couch. Charlie cried for 15 minutes because he couldn't get his button fastened. Cannon is STILL teething. I didn't get very much sleep last night and had a headache. Charlie was ticked because I had the nerve to make pasta for dinner (which he hates). A man almost wrecked into my car and then cussed me out like it was my fault.

To top it all off I had to go grocery shopping. I normally don't mind grocery shopping, but it is almost unbearable with Cannon right now. He would rather be pulling all the food off the shelves than be strapped into that cart. I know, it is so unfair. I ran through the aisles and tried to get everything as fast as I could, knowing I was probably going to forget something since I forgot my list. There were a few meltdowns when I wouldn't let Cannon take a bite out of the cheese or throw the olives on the ground. The lady in front of me at the checkout argued for 5 minutes that the grapes should only be 80 cents per pound, not 82 cents. I had finally paid and double checked that I didn't leave any bags like last time and we were on our way out the door. The greeter had gotten Cannon's attention and was trying to make him smile so I slowed down a bit. Cannon finally flashed a grin and then the man said "Your job is only half way done. Now you have to go home and put all this stuff away. You moms really have your work cut out for you, but by the looks of things I can see you are doing a great job."

And just like that I let go of all that had gone wrong today. Is it weird that a complete stranger was able to make such an impact on my day? He obviously knew just what I needed to hear and I am grateful that he was nice enough to say it. So, thank-you to Mike at Walmart. I may not be the world's greatest mom, but I try to do my best and I hope Charlie and Cannon will agree with you in 18 years.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awww...I'm sorry it was a tough day! I hope the weekend is better. Sounds like it's time for some "me" time...I mean "you" time. You deserve it!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had days like that one and amazingly those are the days that make me appreciate all of the days that aren't "one of those". You are doing a great job-keep your joy....loved talking with you the other day. Let's do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete