the gateway...

Eric had the weekend off so we decided it was time to venture out to somewhere new in SLC. I wish it would have been just a little bit warmer, especially since we went to an outdoor mall but it could have been worse. We went to The Gateway. It had lots of fun stores and had a great feel. We will definitely be going back when spring arrives. It was built right before the Olympics in 2002 so it had a lot of fun graphics and tributes for that. Eric and I kept asking ourselves why we didn't go to the Olympics back then when it was so close to us. I think we were living in Denver or had just moved back to Idaho, we couldn't remember exactly. We decided it was probably because we were so young and didn't appreciate it like we do now.

Anyway, Charlie loved this ostrich at Anthropologie.
There is an old Union Pacific train station that runs right through the shopping area. Now it is just this huge empty space. Cannon LOVED it. Both boys figured out quickly that it had a great echo and they kept making funny noises to hear it echo back to them.






These ones just make my heart smile. Love, love, love him!




As you probably have noticed, Charlie was just not in the mood for pictures. The ones we did take are full of rolling eyes and cheesy smiles. I will spare you.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have gotten kicked out of Anthro for taking photos...so you lucked out! I'm so jealous that you have one nearby now. Hmmmm...maybe that can be my excuse to come and visit?

    Love ya,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete