february freehand scraps gallery....

Just wanted to quickly post my pages that I made with the February Freehand Scraps kit. Loved the colors and embellishments this month!

I thought that little sticker with the bird on it was so cute and perfect for these pictures I had from the park this summer. I just made a little banner and clouds from the patterned paper and did some stitching on them. The letters in "park" were the pink fabric American Crafts thickers. I inked them with some green ink which was an easy way to make them match my page a little better. Love that those fabric thickers are so easy to alter if you need to. I did try to spray them with some turquoise glitter mist, but it would not soak into the fabric.....not too sure why not!?

This is the first 6x12 page I have ever made. I got some of the American Crafts 6x12 page protectors at their warehouse sale last month and was excited to try them out. I am so behind the times on this one. This size didn't really interest me until I realized it would be a good way to document these monthly milestone pages that I have been doing for Cannon. They usually contain so much text that I have a hard time coming up with a page design. On this one, I am just going to make a separate 6x12 page with all the test with maybe an embellishment or two and then I will just put it in the protector on the back of this one. A very simple page just using some of the cute embellishments from the kit.

I loved all of the patterned papers in the kit and wanted to use a little bit of several of them so i came up with this design. Just did a little more stitching and colored the title thickers with some brown ink this time.
I love to make a page every year with our christmas card and a short summary of our Christmas. I put these in a special album. These papers and the snowflake embellishment were just the perfect colors! I added a hambly rub-on and a button and called it good.
I especially loved the gallery this month. The other girls did such a great job! Check it out here! Also, Heidi is having a big sale on previous kits. They are 40% off, such a great deal! The list of kits still available is here.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love it LOVE it LOOOVE it! Your gallery is so pretty this month Mandy! You always make such beautiful pages...and the one with little Mr. Cannon (the 6x12 page) makes me just smile. What a darling picture and a cute layout!!

    Hope all is well (btw I stole a few pictures from your blog to share the quilt on mine today...hope that's okay??:) You are going to be a famous quilter one of these days. You GO girl!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,

    Do you sell your quilts? THey are absolutely beautiful. Contact me to let me know. Thank you!
    Lisa Stewart
    lisa.stewart@lakehealth.org

    ReplyDelete