what we've been up to.....

Not much, really! But here is a little update...

Lately, instead of spending as much time on the computer, I have been up to my eyeballs in flannel. It all started with a sale at JoAnn's when they had all their flannel half off. After making a few rag quilts for gifts I decided that maybe I should make a few more to sell at our neighborhood holiday bazaar coming up in November. Then, my mom and I stopped at the quilt store and found a cute pattern for a purse that we worked on for most of the day Sunday. It turned out really cute so I will have to take some photos to post. My sewing skills are very basic but I have been enjoying it so much these past few weeks I think I may look in to taking some classes.

We have received some pretty big news about Charlie. I am working on another post all about that and will share soon. We are trying to figure out a lot of things right now.

Cannon has been having a rough few weeks. At first I just thought it was teething, but now I am at a loss. I met with his OT today and she is thinking that it is something to do with sensory issues. He is still having a hard time self-soothing and is just so high maintenance. I have been very discouraged but just keep praying that we will turn the corner any minute now. He does have his 2 bottom teeth in now and is SO close to crawling. He gets up on his hands and feet and sticks his bum way up in the air. Or if he is on a soft surface (like our bed) he will plant his face down and then just push himself along on his face. It is the funniest thing. He also just started doing this little scrunch face when he smiles now - it is so cute. I am hoping to catch a picture of it. (That would require I have my camera out which I have not done in the past 2 weeks! I know, total mommy guilt!)

Eric has been working hard wrapping up his management training at Enterprise. The final interview to become eligible for management is a four part process that is spread out over two weeks. He will take the final written exam on the 11th. He is hoping to get promoted out of the Airport branch for a while as the schedule is taking a toll on him. Hopefully soon!!

The August Freehand Scraps kit is up for sale. It is a cute one that is full of the Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday line. I had fun incorporating a little pink into my boy pages! :)







Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda! I know you have probably already had this checked but who knows. Ellie had a high tolerance for pain and still does. Anyways, have you had his ears checked for fluid in them...not necessarily an ear infection per say but just fluid. That is what Ellie had and we found it b/c of a hearing test. After she had tubes in she was much better! Just an idea if it hasn't been explored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute layouts! :)

    sorry to hear about charlie :( hope things get better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it's been a bit of a rough time at your house. I'll be praying for things to smooth out soon. Loved how you added some pink to your boys pages! Who says it just has to be for girls! I ditto what the first comment said: Aven was having some trouble and it was fluid build up in his ears, no infections, but they put tubes in and it helped so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always just love your pages! I wish we lived closer so that we could get together...I would be happy to help entertain Mr. High Maintenance. I'll be praying that it gets figured out!

    Love you,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda,
    Thanks for coming by and welcoming me to Freehand Scraps. I am so happy to be a part of your team. Yes NICU babies, what is there to say....it's hard being a momma!
    I'll be praying over here for your family.xo, Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    just came across your blog. I must say I've fallen in love with your scrapbookstyle, clean and simple but still with a twist.
    thx for beeing and "eye-opener" on a very different style compared to what I used to do.

    love Stine

    ReplyDelete