another milestone reached.....



I wanted to say thank-you to all of you who left me comments and e-mailed me about Cannon last week. After hearing from several of you about getting his ears checked, I decided to take him to the doctor to get looked at. The doctor was not able to find anything wrong and basically just told me to deal with it. He actually is a very nice doctor, but unfortunately did not have any magic secrets to share with me. Bummer. Of course, I am happy that he is healthy...I just wish he was a little happier! His OT suggested that his seratonin levels may be out of whack. One way to help with this is to do joint compressions and to softly squeeze his arms and legs every two hours or so. It is supposed to release seratonin in his body and hopefully over time his body will learn to regulate the seratonin levels on its own. We are still in the early stages of this, but it does seem to be helping a little bit. The OT said it usually takes a few weeks to show big results. I am hoping and praying that this will make a big difference.

In other BIG news, Cannon did crawl a few feet for the first time on Monday!! He is still getting it all figured out and he is not setting any speed records quite yet, but he is doing it! I am so, so proud of the little dude. I guess we better get started on getting the house baby-proofed. I have a feeling he is going to be getting in lots of trouble very soon. :)
Photobucket

1 comment: