in the blink of an eye....

Mister Cannon has been busy getting all independent on me lately. Check out his skillz:



He can sit up on his own quite well now. He still prefers to be lying down so he can roll around. He actually is not rolling as much as before, but is now spending a lot of time on his belly. He has been pivoting around and is even getting up on his hands and knees. His OT stopped by yesterday and was so excited by how much progress he has made in just a week. She thinks he will probably be crawling by the end of the month. I have no idea, but I do know that he gets this sparkle in his eye and you can just see how determined he is. Once he figures out what to do with his arms I think he will be moving in no time!

I have to admit that I LOVE this age. I just love watching him develop all these new skills. His personality is really starting to come out and he is so happy with himself when he does something new. He can also entertain himself for longer periods of time which is a big help. He is still quite fussy but I am hoping that has to do with the teething. Hopefully that will subside soon. (or just in time for the next tooth to begin to make an appearance, right?)

I was tagged by Heidi to complete this ABC All About Me. I usually forget to do these, so I thought it would be fun to play along.
A – Age: 30
B – Bed size: Definitely King!
C – Chore you hate: Cleaning windows
D – Dog’s name: no pets
E – Essential start your day item: Don't really have one...bowl of cereal I guess?
F – Favorite color: Red or Green
G – Gold or Silver: Silver
H – Height: 5'6"
I – Instruments you play(ed): Piano
J – Job title: Mom
K – Kid(s): Charlie and Cannon
L – Living arrangements: Temporarily living with my parents in their newer 2-story home.
M – Mom’s name: Dena
N – Nicknames: Mandy (exciting, right?)
O – Overnight hospital stay other than your birth: Hospital bed rest stays and 2 C-sections.
P – Pet Peeve: When someone smacks their mouth when they eat.
Q – Quote from a movie: "This corn is like an angel" from Dan In Real Life.
R – Right or left handed: Right
S – Siblings: Jon
T – Time you wake up: Anytime between 5:00 to 6:30am - way too early if you ask me. Cannon disagrees.
U- Underwear: I will pass on this one...
V-Vegetable you dislike: Onions and Peppers
W – Ways you drink your coffee: I hate coffee!
X-rays you’ve had: Just dental x-rays I think
Y – Yummy food you make: Most of the food I make is just good enough to "get by".
Z – Zoo favorite : Monkeys
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awww, he is getting so big! And so cute!

    I loved the questions...although I guess I knew most of those about you already "Mandy" LOL!

    Long-live the coffee haters!! We are a major minority these days!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is soooo cute! He is growing up too fast. Thanks for sharing his progress-these are exciting and fun days and I miss them with my own kids-therapy and all!

    Cute survey too...glad you played along.

    ReplyDelete