mmmm.....

On Sunday, June 21st, Cannon tried baby food for the first time. Since Charlie's first food was sweet potatoes, I decided to stick with tradition and have it be Cannon's first as well. It was just as expected. A lot of funny faces, spitting out and food everywhere except his mouth. It took a few days of just playing, but he is now doing great and is eating about a 1/2 to 2/3 of a jar per feeding. We are still just doing it once a day but I will probably try to work in a second feeding in the next few days. We tried squash yesterday and he likes it as well.

He really looks thrilled about the whole experience, doesn't he?

On a side note, it seems to be popular right now to make your own baby food. Is it bad that I have no desire at all to make my own baby food? I am already tired of cleaning the high chair of the huge mess and it has only been 2 weeks! I remember being SO happy when we could put Charlie in a booster chair at the table and were able to get rid of the high chair. Although, Charlie is still a very messy eater. Between the two of them, it is a full-time job keeping the dining area clean. Maybe it is just my boys that are so messy? Okay, whining over!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. we were debating if we even needed a high chair or if we could just use the little booster thing w/a tray that we got as a gift...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATED cleaning our high chair! If I had it to do over again...I think I would probably get one of those super sleek one-piece high chairs with no cracks to clean mashed up bananas out of!!

    The straps were the worst! Spaghetti sauce and carrots does NOT come out of whatever those straps are made of (some kind of nylon? IDK but I hated every inch of them.)

    So you are NOT alone!

    ReplyDelete