modified bed rest day one...

We had an ultrasound this morning to check on the little guy. The news was not so great. While the doctor said that he is holding his own, they are still very concerned by his size. He is now falling right along the 10th percentile - anything under the 10th percentile is categorized as IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction). The frustrating part of all of this is that they cannot identify what is causing him to be so small. My blood pressure is still okay, the placenta looks good and the blood flow is looking good. Charlie had IUGR and it was assumed that it came from the preeclampsia. This time there does not seem to be any explanation. So, now I am officially on modified bedrest which means I have to cut all daily activity in half. Uggghhh, definitely going to be challenging with a three year old! But I am so lucky that I have a ton of support in Eric and our parents. I will also start doing fetal stress tests and extra blood/urine testing in addition to the bi-weekly ultrasounds. Really all the doctors could say was they think we can definitely buy ourselves a few more weeks and see how the baby is responding then. Please keep us in your prayers if you think about it :)

Charlie is pretty much over his cold now. He was actually pretty great through it, but he did end up getting Eric sick. He is starting AWANAs at church tonight. He will be a little Cubbie - I remember doing AWANAs when I was younger, but I started later so I was a Sparky. Anyway, I hope he loves it. Eric and I volunteered to help with Children's Ministry on Wednesday nights, but due to my bedrest, Eric is doing it without me tonight. I am bummed I cannot help out. I keep reminding myself that I will be able to do that stuff once this baby is here safe and sound. :)

4 comments:

  1. Alright, what can I do, when do I get Charlie? Do you need me to bring you a dinner. We want to help you guys so PLEASE let us know what we can do!! We are here for you guys and we will keep you in our daily prayers. Everything will work out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that I will put the prayer team on this one here in Denver. I am confident that God will bring you through this. Keep us posted and we will PRAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dearest amanda, I was so reminded to pray for you and your family for the last 2 days. I do prayer for growth, strength and courage. If I can help in anyway, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bedrest?? Awww Mandy! I will start praying up a storm and get the kiddos involved too! I will pray that this little guy builds up as much strength and weight as possible as you rest and take it easy! Really they should make every expectant mom take it easy! You certainly deserve a good nap and a great scrapbook magazine to occupy your time. I will be calling for sure, in case you're bored. I *wish*wish*wish I was closer so I could help more!

    Love you girl!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete