mbr day 8....

Well I have not posted much, because as you can imagine life on bed rest is BORING! Charlie is still trying to figure out what is going on and keeps asking me "Is the baby feeling better yet?" and "Can you get up and play with me now?" I have been trying to get creative with things that we can do together that are pretty low energy on the couch and that seems to be helping. I am also very fortunate that we have been getting a TON of help from our parents. My mom and dad took him all last weekend and he had a great time with them! They get to spend some quality time together and I feel better knowing that he is not stuck at home with boring ol' mom.

We had an ultrasound today to see how things are going. The did not measure growth because they only do that every 2 weeks, but they did look at the bloodflow through the umbilical cord and measured the amniotic fluid. Everything looked good today! They have pretty much concluded that he is definitely going to be a very small baby til the end, but as long as the bloodflow and amniotic fluid is good and he continues to show growth, we can keep plugging along. The doctors don't say too much because I think they don't want to get our hopes up, but Eric asked her what she thought we were looking at....just a few more weeks or maybe more? She said with the info we have now, she thinks we have at least a few more weeks and probably more, but she is very quick to say that it could change overnight. Eric and I were both very comforted to hear this and we are just continuing to pray that we will have many more weeks! I am exactly 27 weeks today - this was the day that I was admitted to the hospital when I was pregnant with Charlie...we can remember that day like it was yesterday and are so thankful that we are not going through that today.

I want to say thank-you to all our friends and family that have reached out to us this past week with your thoughts and prayers. We are so blessed to have you all in our lives. Thank-you from the bottom of our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. amanda sweet friend, think of mbr as more beautiful refining .... of you and dearly beloved baby. I know it's hard .... I'm praying .... I can't wait to see new baby, big brother Charlie and momma too!!! call me if ya wanna chat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear the positive news! I am praying for that little boy to pack on the pounds in the next few weeks...and for him to stay put for longer than those doctors think he will.

    Glad to hear you're feeling good!

    Love you,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete