july 28, 2012

On our second day at the Oregon coast, we drove about 40 miles South to tour the Tillamook Cheese factory.  The drive was beautiful and took us through several cute little beach towns.  It took over an hour and the little ones were getting pretty antsy, but Charlie said the the trip to Tillamook was his favorite part of the whole trip so I would say it was worth the drive.

We were starving so we ate lunch first.  Definitely the best grilled cheese sandwich I have ever had.

The tour itself was okay.  It was mostly just a few viewing rooms where you could watch them making the cheese.  It was also much more crowded than we had expected.



We finished the visit with some squeeky cheese (or squishy cheese as Cannon calls it) and some Tillamook ice cream of course!


After a rest at the beach house, we headed to dinner at the Pirate's Cove.  The rest of the gang couldn't wait to get their seafood and clam chowder.  I stuck with a burger.


Those two had a blast together the entire trip.  Cannon really misses "Mancy" and keeps asking why she has to live so very far away.  So cute.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I want to go to the Oregon coast so bad...especially now that I know I can go to Tillamook! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to eat this blog post. And I'm totally going to copy this vacation itinerary next summer!

    ReplyDelete