january 11, 2012


Over the past few months I have been slowly selling off most of my scrapbooking supplies.  I never thought it would happen, but it just seemed like it was time.  I haven't truly dug into my supplies for over a year and a half.  It kept getting harder and harder to jump back in and I found that I just really didn't want to.  I tried to force myself but that just led to guilt and frustration.  Not to mention the feeling of being "behind".  I now had two boys' books to keep up on and it was just too overwhelming.  Eric and I chatted about it and he looked at me like I was a crazy woman. He asked me why I would let a hobby make me feel so miserable.  I realized he was right.  So I went through my stuff and I only kept a few things that I truly love or could use for other craft projects, and I sold the rest. 

Right now I am just going to focus on taking lots of photos and getting my favorite memories recorded in some way.  I will probably keep up with a simple school album for each of the boys.  I will definitely continue to be crafty in one way or another.  I think I just needed to accept that sometimes things change, even things that you really love.  And that's okay.

6 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. But I have come to realization that it is okay if I don't have all the pictures in books. I'll do what I want and that's it. :-) But I am more into the cardmaking. Now I do have some things I would like to sell. Did you do okay on Ebay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sold most of it on TwoPeas for sale or trade board. I have had a lot of luck there and you don't have to pay the ebay fees. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. You are so talented and you can always pick it up later in life when you have the time. But for now, it's all about recording your family history - simple is perfect! Kudos to you for prioritizing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this makes me sad. but i understand it...i totally do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em. It's good to hear that others understand what a struggle this has been even though it seems so silly. I still look forward to admiring your beautiful work!

      Delete