lately....

I have been avoiding anything to do with blogging, picture-taking or scrapbooking.

We decided it was time to move Cannon out of the closet and in to Charlie's room. The room is pretty small so we got some bunkbeds. I can't believe we moved Cannon out of his crib already, are we crazy? He is actually doing great. It takes a little longer to get him to sleep because he thinks it is pretty cool that he can get out of his bed now. Once he is asleep, he is sleeping through the night and both he and Charlie are doing awesome with it all.

Because of this move I am doing some redecorating in their room, including lots of furniture painting and toy organizing/purging. Hence, the avoidance of blogging, picture-taking and scrapbooking.

I finished up the first term of my paralegal program and got A's in both of my classes. I am taking four classes this term and am not too thrilled with my american history class or my written communication class. Can you say b-o-r-i-n-g?

In one month, Cannon will be two years old.

Today at taekwondo one of the other mothers came over to me and said "I just wanted to tell you that I think Charlie is just the sweetest kid. I just smile as I watch him and I wish I could just give him a little hug. He is absolutely amazing." It made me tear up a little. How kind of her to take the time to say that. I love that Charlie's sweet spirit just spills out of him and even complete strangers notice it right away.

Cannon is having a hard time understanding that I can't (and won't) drop everything I am in the middle of to help him right.this.very.second. We are definitely working on patience around here.

When Charlie gets off the bus he flashes the biggest smile and waves like crazy when he sees me. I cherish it every time because I know it probably won't last forever.

I am hoping somebody will call soon about our ad on craigslist for the crib and changing table. I am not too sad about getting rid of it. Maybe I would be if we didn't live in a tiny apartment right now. But we do. And I could really use the extra space they are currently occupying right now.

Looking forward to fall. And pumpkins. And changing leaves. And little boys dressed in halloween costumes. And celebrating Mr. Cannon's birthday.

The neighborhood park had hundred's of flags set up last weekend for a 9/11 memorial. It looked pretty amazing.






Excuse me now while I go back to furniture painting. Anybody wanna help? :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I will help---sounds like a fun change from what we have been doing around here. I am with you as I have not really scrapbooked since June or July. I have not been taking as many pics and overall just not as motivated to complete those unfinished projects. The pictures of the boys and the flags are really cute! Good job on your classes and your awesome grades. Are you still planning a visit this fall?? We would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *wish* I could be there to help! And then you could come here and help me organize...decorate...and paint bunk beds! LOL!

    love you!
    H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe Cannon is going to be two!! Crazy how time flies!! Love the flag photos...so cool!

    ReplyDelete